Friday, June 3, 2011

How can I change the oxygen sensor on my 2005 Aveo?

I recently had the computer in my engine diagnosed due to a check engine light being on. The result, my oxygen sensor was faulty and needs to be replaced. I%26#039;d rather do this myself, so I was wondering how difficult it would be and if anybody knows how to do this. Thanks!|||Well you crawl up under the vehicle and find your catylic converter and there should be something sticking out of the pipe in front or behind the cat, and that would be your oxygen sensor. Once you have found it find a wrench that fits it, the sensor on my vehicle takes a size 13/16, but yours may be different. Then you unplug it from the connector.. then loosen it with the wrech. It should turn out with no problem. The new one will go in just like the old one came out. hope i helped. Oh and you may need to get the check engine light code flashed or it will stay on.|||there is a small sensor (has a nut on one end and two wires on the other). it is installed on the exhaust pipe in front of the catalytic converter.