Friday, June 3, 2011

How necessary is changing the oxygen sensor in my BMW?

My service engine light came on today and I plugged my scanner in. It said that the oxygen sensor needs replacement and I was wondering how urgent that is. The car is running just fine but will it eventually lead to some other defect? Is it important that I get it replaced immediately?|||Replacing the O2 senor is very important and can lead to other problems if not fixed. It regulates the air fuel mixture in your car and can waste gas. Also, just because it says the sensor is bad sometimes the light can come on for other reasons other then the sensor. A broken vacuum hose or a small leak in the injector can make this light come on as well.|||it is very important. Is you car idling? It is also important since BMW%26#039;s cost a lot of money but don%26#039;t last. Should of got an Acura. :) Think NSX if you want to go for the bucks