Friday, June 3, 2011

Where are the Oxygen Sensors located on my 97 Dodge Neon? How do I replace them?

My check engine light went on so I got it checked @ an auto parts store. The results said that I need to change my Oxygen Sensor. I know there are two, but the location was not specified in the print out; I thought I would start with the top one, since it is easier to get to. Does someone know the tools required to do this and how I access and replace the Oxygen Sensor? Thank you!|||if it has 2 there will be one on each side screwed into the exhaust most are just before it curves under the car it just screws in most use a 22 mm socket or a box end wrench they may need some lubricant to help break them lose they will be tight this car may only have one look at both sides of exhaust it will be before the converter not behind it|||Oxygen sensors are usually in the exhaust manifold.. I think they just unscrew with a pliers or possibly a socket.





Check with your local library you can probably find a chilton%26#039;s book that would give you all the instructions you need to replace it. That way you wouldn%26#039;t have to buy the book.|||O2 sensor is usually mounted on your exhasut manifold or right before your catalitic converter. If you look under the car you will see it screwed into the muffler pipe right after where it merges into one. Either that or it will be in the manifold next to the engine.