Thursday, October 6, 2011

Where can I find a diagram of my 02 Honda accord?

I am trying to replace my O2 sensor and I need to make sure I change the right one, its a 2002 Honda Accord is it the one under the hood or up under the engine ( under the car) itself the code I got was p0135 to change the Oxygen Sensor, where can I see where this part is on my car, anywhere online?? For a 2002 hONDA aCCORD
Where can I find a diagram of my 02 Honda accord?
I have owned only Honda's for the last 20 years and do 95% of my own work.



IMO,

1st check to make sure the O2 sensor is not covered by Honda's warranty. Some items that help with the car's emmisions are covered for up to 10 years. Refer to your owner's manual of call a Honda dealer.



You got a code for a bad O2 sensor but not a location? My Honda is setup the same way and when the code was pulled it was for the top O2 sensor. You may wish to recheck the code.



The trouble code is not the same as a part number so having the code, other than knowing it's for a faulty O2 sensor will not help when getting a replacement.



Typically it's the upper O2 sensor but that is not a rule.

Bosch makes a great O2 sensor and is a bit less expensive than OEM from the dealer.



Once you have changed the O2 sensor, disconnect the negative battery terminal to clear the trouble codes from the on-board system for about 1 minute and then reconnect. The code should then be cleared.



Good luck
Where can I find a diagram of my 02 Honda accord?
That code is for the Primary O2 sensor, meaning it's the one before the cat. The Secondary one is the one after the cat, and underneath the car. Hopefully you can see this image:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto鈥?/a>



It's #16 on the bottom left corner of the page. It's located right after the exhaust manifold, right past the first bend. If the image doesn't show up for some reason, just put your information into the site and look for the exhaust piping category. If you're going to replace it yourself, make sure to use some kind of penetration spray like %26quot;Liquid Wrench%26quot; or %26quot;PB Blaster%26quot;, or it's going to be a major pain to get off.
Your o2 sensor is usually next to you catalytic converter. Under the car close to the engine/between the tires. It should 3 wires and look similar to a spark plug