Friday, September 23, 2011

Can I change a 1-wire sensor with a 2-wire?

I have a 1993 Geo Prizm and I need to change the oxygen sensor. I bought one online only to find out that it's a two-wire sensor, which is a problem because the sensor that came off of it is one-wire. Is there any way I can splice one of the wires to the connector of the original sensor, or does the thing need both wires to function properly?
Can I change a 1-wire sensor with a 2-wire?
connect one wire to ground but away from heat source,

the defective sensor with one sensor is connected to ground internally or through the thread..

the new one with 2 wire is also connected to ground but through the harness.

what you got is heated O2 sensor, the new one with 2 wires.



http://mr2.com/TEXT/O2_Sensor.html
Can I change a 1-wire sensor with a 2-wire?
You cannot splice the wires becuase they have different jobs (each wire has a specific task) and that will destroy your oxygen sensor. Go to a auto dismantler to get one for cheap. or a store.
  • myspace commentes
  • dog
  •