Monday, September 19, 2011

What kind of problems can i have if my Oxygen Sensor is bad on my Jeep Grande Cherokee?

My jeeps RPMs jump really high when it changes gears, and i took it to a mechanic and they told me that the transmission was fine. Could it be the oxygen sensor that controls the amount of air going to the engine?
What kind of problems can i have if my Oxygen Sensor is bad on my Jeep Grande Cherokee?
NO. You may have a problem with the accelerator cable. Make sure the throttle body flap closes completely. Clean the throttle body. You may also have a problem with the temperature sensor for the ECU. If it is out of spec. it may be telling the ECU to make the mixture richer, making the vehicle idle higher.02 senors that throw codes are usually on the lean side.
What kind of problems can i have if my Oxygen Sensor is bad on my Jeep Grande Cherokee?
I had a bad o2 sensor in my car too once. Make sure it isnt an electrical problem caused by a short. If your o2 sense is out, you might also be getting really really bad gas milage.
No it's not the O2 sensors. It is also not the throttle body blades as it does it part throttle. Further, O2 sensors go RICH when they start to fail.



It has to be something mechanical with the transmission. Think about it - if the engine revs for any reason without movement then the engine is working but the power is not making it to the wheels.



Perhaps low transmission fluid - check that first. Directions are in the manual or call the dealership (if they sound clueless hang up and try another dealership).
The O2 sensors tell the engine how much fuel is going by the cylinders and it controls the fuel air mixture through the computer. When the O2 sensor(s) fail you will have a huge reduction in fuel economy, and you'll start having a few issues with sluggishness as the computer tries to adjust itself to an O2 sensor not functioning. Also you'll have a %26quot;CHECK ENGINE%26quot; light on.