Friday, September 23, 2011

Have a replaced 3 oxygen sensors on my windstar. 1 in front and 2 at the cat. Where do I find the 4th one?

My 2002 windstar is still miss-firing and is coming back as the bank 1 oxygen sensor is bad. If I have replaced two at the catalytic converter and one in the front by the engine, where is the 4th one and how do I get to it to change it?
Have a replaced 3 oxygen sensors on my windstar. 1 in front and 2 at the cat. Where do I find the 4th one?
Yep. Just because you have an O2 sensor code, doesn't mean the Oxygen sensor is bad. If that were the case, they wouldn't bother publishing all those trouble trees. ;-)



As far as that sensor, it should be on the opposite side of the motor from the one you've already found, in or near the exhaust manifold.



But an ignition mis-fire or clogged injector or vacuum leak could set that code too.
Have a replaced 3 oxygen sensors on my windstar. 1 in front and 2 at the cat. Where do I find the 4th one?
Yes there are only 3 sorry...



You might look into changing the intake manifold gasket, it is really quite simple and you don't have to get under the car to do it. If you changed the O2 sensors you can change the manifold gasket. I have had a lot of '98 - 03 'stars in here for the same thing and 80% of the time it is the gasket..... OH yea you may just want to change your air filter(one of my mechanics was readin' over my shoulder) That does it too.

The reason for the code is not the sensor it is just the trip for the fault. I have had the misfire fault on both banks and did the O2 sensor thing before and it turned out I gave the customer the 3 sensors and I charged them for the manifold gasket change..... Well that was the more labor intensive and expensive one..
did you know you can clean the oxygen sensors...cleaner can be purchased at any auto parts store, and is a good idea every time you change the oil.



there should be one mass air sensor in the air intake...sometimes called an o2 sensor. if you have a v6 or v8 there will be 2 in the headers, or manifolds. some vehicles have sensors in the emission control system, others have a sensor in the exhast.
The O2 sensor codes are relative to bank and position. Bank refers to the side 1 or 2, bank one being on the same side of the engine as cylinder #1. And the position 1 in the manifold, position 2 in the pipe before the cat and position 3 after the cat. Find the code bank and position and you will be replacing the correct sensor.
i think they only have 3 but if it does have 4, look on the exhaust manifold.
http://leckemby.net/windstar/windstar01.鈥?/a>

Go to that website it shows you how to make the repairs, had the same problem on mine, fixed it right away after a little research.
  • web design and hosting
  • heal yellowing toenails
  •