Friday, September 23, 2011

If I clear my check engine light because of a oxygen sensor error, and it doesnt come back on, can i pass?

the emissions test without actually getting another oxygen sensor? thats what happened today, i changed my front o2 sensor and the light has gone off but the mechanic tells me that my oxygen sensor for the rear is bad too and i want to know if it will pass emissions if the check engine light is not on
If I clear my check engine light because of a oxygen sensor error, and it doesnt come back on, can i pass?
if the O2 sensor is bad, the light will come on,,,

it doesn't matter if its rear or front it is still connected to your ECM and it will give a code if its bad...



you can't tell if it will pass or fail an emission without taking to a smog center...



take it there,,

have them test it,,

if it fail then it fail,

they will give you a free retest anyways...
If I clear my check engine light because of a oxygen sensor error, and it doesnt come back on, can i pass?
I would assume so. I don't think most places would go that extra mile to find out if everything is working if the light is not on. Is it really bad? Or is that mechanic just wanting more money? You can usually tell when your sensors are bad.
if your REAR o2 sensor is bad.. all it does it check the exhaust coming out to make sure your exhaust is doing its job. so you're emissions are still getting %26quot;filtered%26quot; if everything is still working on that part.
Quite possibly,yes.