Thursday, September 15, 2011

How many oxygen sensors are on a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo, V6 3.2LDOHC engine?

My check engine light is on. Autozone tested and told me it was the Oxygen sensor. They couldn't tell me how many I had. If I have more than one should I change them all at the same time? I have 110K miles on the vehicle.
How many oxygen sensors are on a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo, V6 3.2LDOHC engine?
You have 4 on that.
How many oxygen sensors are on a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo, V6 3.2LDOHC engine?
it should have 4 on it two upstream and two down stream ones,you still have to determine which one is bad on it though before you can fix it,good luck.
You are falling into that noob trap.



Find a real tech to diagnose for you before you replace 4 sensors and come back asking us why that part swapping did not fix your problems.
It has 4. If it has 2 cats there will be 1 on each exhaust manifold connector pipe and 1 after each cat. If it has 1 cat there will be 1 on each exhaust manifold connector pipe, 1 where the pipes join before the cat, and 1 after the cat.
Most likely two. One in front of catalytic converter and one after converter. But even you replace both of them it might not solve your problem. It might something else. O2 sensor tells computer its getting rich or lean fuel. Like you getting more or less fuel.