Monday, September 19, 2011

Which type of Oxygen sensors should I get for my 2001 Hundai Sonata?

I am looking to get the Oxygen censors replaced on my 2001 Hyundai Sonata. It is the 2.4L 4 cylinder. I am going to purchase the parts on line, and there are so many different types of sensors. I was wondering if I could get some help. When looking, I am thinking the universal sensors, since they are a lot cheaper. There are several different types. They all are either 1-4 wired with out connectors. It says they will fit Engine/Chassis. Does anyone know if these will work and what kind of connectors I will need? I am also finding some that go before and after the catalyst? I would love to hear from anyone, all help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I鈥檓 going to be changing the fuel filter, outside the tank, anyone have any experiences with this?
Which type of Oxygen sensors should I get for my 2001 Hundai Sonata?
Replace with the correct equivalent sensors only. Otherwise the vehicle will have problems passing an emissions test. It really is quite complicated resolving the correct sensor, and the wrong one will need a recalibration of the computer; much better just to get a direct replacement.
Which type of Oxygen sensors should I get for my 2001 Hundai Sonata?
Hyundai original equipment only. There are some revisions to the sonata O2 sensors so stick with the original stuff.