Thursday, September 15, 2011

Replacing an oxygen sensor on a Honda?

I have a 98 Honda civic ex. I need to change the oxygen sensor after the cat.

But the problem I ran into a problem.

The wires run up a little hole and from there I have no clue where they go..

Does anyone on this know how to disconnect the O2 sensor so i could put a new one?

Thanks ahead of time for the help.
Replacing an oxygen sensor on a Honda?
The wires only have one disconnect that hooks up to the O2 sensor. Sounds like you ripped the wires off and broke them. The best place to find out where the wires originated form is form the correct Chilton's manual. It will show pictures and give you step by step instructions.



I used it for my 1993 Civic and they even gave the proper resistance to check to see if the O2 sensor was even working right.
Replacing an oxygen sensor on a Honda?
the wire most likely runs underneath a heat shield. just unbolt the head shield to unclip the wire harness