Friday, September 23, 2011

The wiring has broken off my oxygen sensor on my fto inside the car. Where do they connect to?

I changed the front pipe and it dropped, pulling the wires through the floor. There are four wires. Inside the tunnel where they have detached from there are many many other connectors. Please help it will not start without it and I need the car for work.
The wiring has broken off my oxygen sensor on my fto inside the car. Where do they connect to?
Buy connectors and put the wires back together--match the color...Disconnect the battery... Make arrangements for a ride if you figure that you done enough repairs and let the pros wire the car. Yep--tow truck and off to the shop...
The wiring has broken off my oxygen sensor on my fto inside the car. Where do they connect to?
You don't say what kind of car it is but generally those type of connectors are indexed so that they can't plug into the wrong connector. By indexed I mean there will be grooves inside the mating connector that will have to match the connector they are unplugged from. And also I don't think an oxygen sensor should keep the car from starting if it is unhooked,it will turn the 'check engine' light on quickly but usually it will not keep the car from starting so it might be something else.