Thursday, September 15, 2011

Is there more than one oxygen sensor on a pontiac sunfire?

Engine light came on %26amp; garage mechanic said my coil pak, ignition module, %26amp; sparkplugs needed changed. After changing these the light came back on %26amp; was told I needed new oxygen sensor. Needless to say, after putting in new oxygen sensor the light came back on again %26amp; now they tell me it's the other oxygen sensor that's gone bad. Does anyone know if all of these things parts that have been replaced effect the check engine light and if there really are two oxygen sensors in my car. I am a single woman without much car knowledge and feel that the dealership is taking advantage of this fact.
Is there more than one oxygen sensor on a pontiac sunfire?
You NEED to file a complaint with your local better business bureau! This so called mechanic has been bilking you from the gitgo! He needs his sack kicked in! In the first place, if your car wasnt running rough you dang sure DIDNT need a coil pack, ignition module, and spark plugs! As far as I know there is only one oxygen sensor on your car. A quick scan with a scan tool will tell you where the fault is. You might find that your local autozone will perform this for you. As for the mechanic, you need to pursue this matter like I said by filing a complaint! Above all dont take your car back to these crooks!!!!!!! If it woulda been me I woulda beat the bejeesus out of him!
Is there more than one oxygen sensor on a pontiac sunfire?
what size motor you have? if it was the coil pack, plugs or wires, it would miss or run ruff or maybe not run at all,,,oxygen sensor,usually you'll use alot of gas,i dont know if it has 2 or not with out knowing motor size and year give me that and ill find out for ya.

you can e-mail me at miker6565@yahoo.com