Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do you change an oxygen sensor on a 2002 Chevy S-10?

I need to replace the oxygen sensor on my 2002 Chevy S-10, can anyone send me a diagram or something of where I can find it and replace it.
How do you change an oxygen sensor on a 2002 Chevy S-10?
If you have a check engine light it does not mean change the sensor. An '02 vehicle o2 sensor should be changed at 100k miles unless other problems require it sooner. The sensors are located just before and just after the cat. converter. If you provide a code from diagnostic scan it might save you a lot of $$ and work.
How do you change an oxygen sensor on a 2002 Chevy S-10?
There are usually two sensors on GM products. One is located on the on the exhaust pipe near the engine and the other is near the catalytic converter.
I think that there is more than one oxygen sensor. My husband had to get two replaced last year in his S-10 Blazer. One was behind the dash board and the other was under the the truck near the driver's side door. I
ok there are 2 on the 4 cyl and 3 on the v-6 .. there all on the exhaust and requires a special socket to remove . it can be picked up and the local auto parts store .
only one i have changed on 87 s10 remove drivers side front wheel use the special socket remove and replace.