Thursday, September 15, 2011

How much should I pay a mechanic for changing my Oxygen sensor on a 2001 Nissan sentra ?

I work with him , and he is doing me the favor .

I asked him how much he wanted to give him , but he said we could talk about that later .

I'm pretty sure he will just tell me , give me whatever you can .... but i dont want to short change him or over pay .... Im kinda broke .

So how much does that typically run ?

Im paying the parts appart.
How much should I pay a mechanic for changing my Oxygen sensor on a 2001 Nissan sentra ?
No more than $125 for parts and labor.
How much should I pay a mechanic for changing my Oxygen sensor on a 2001 Nissan sentra ?
$100 bucks an hour, unless you're going to marry him.
I guess it depends on where you are located. but most vehicles it takes less than a half hour. And it is usually easy to get to, and any mechanic should know how to do it in there sleep. so basically they are going to charge you an hours labor, so go to a smaller garage and have them fix it for $65 or whatever.
Do it yourself. The O2 socket is less than $10 at Sears. Get a 3/8 drive ratchet %26amp; unscrew it. Done!