Thursday, September 15, 2011

Should a replace all my car's oxygen sensors?

My car's 'Service Engine Soon' light is on and it seems that the problem is the oxygen sensor(s). I ran a reading of the codes and it seems that the faulty o2 sensor is the sensor 1 (the closest to the catalylic converter). It seems that my car has three oxygen sensors (or four? some Infinitis have four), so should I change all of them or just the faulty one?



Thanks for your time!



My car is a '98 Infiniti i30
Should a replace all my car's oxygen sensors?
NEVER replace any part till you know the problem. If you have two catalytic converters, or cats as they are commonly called, you will have a sensor before and after each cat. Your codes will read bank #1 or bank #2. To identify bank #1 you must locate the #1 cylinder on your car. The #1 cylinder may be on left or right side of engine, it varies by make of car. Read your codes and get the definition of the problem. You state a faulty O2 sensor. This is usually not true, the sensor is telling you there is a problem in the emission system. It could be anumber of different things. DO NOT change sensors, and waste your money, until you understand the codes. Post them here and maybe we can help.
Should a replace all my car's oxygen sensors?
I would just change the one that is faulty. But if you can afford to buy all the o2 sensors at once, it's up to you. I remember back in the days when one headlight burns out and you change both bulbs since one burned out already then the other is about to go to. I am not sure you can go with this saying when it comes to the o2 sensors.
Go to Autozone, they can test and sell you the sensor you need, then you can knowledgeably replace the bad one yourself.
  • myspace songs
  • how do i switch ink tape
  •